But for the important part of this post!! I decided for one of my resolutions I am going to try to read more books, because I've fallen out of the habit. So help me, Flist-wan Kenobi!! Vous êtes ma seule espérance!! Give me book recommendations.
I will try any book once: I am a loose woman of literature. But, here's a helpful list, of like, ideas. Feel free to ignore and just recommend that book you recommend to everybody. You know the one.
- Left to my own devices I will pick Novels of a Certain Length that usually predate Hemingway. I revel in verbosity and grandiose yet impractical sentence structure. This makes me feel smart.
- I will also read anything if it has a vampire in it.
- Non-fiction is A++ I like me some popular history, and sometimes I even read philosophy and it doesn't feel like arguing with a needy child. (In the way conversing with philosophy majors often does.) BUT YES, I love books, not just novels.
- Is there a ship? Are funny nautical hats involved? These omens bode well.
- I like most genres, but hard sci-fi is generally not my thing. There are always exceptions!!
- ASSASSIN PRIESTS, always a winner.
- I like my high fantasy like my Final Fantasy: with lots of backstabbing and set in Ivalice. I am more about the political drama than the high magic or randomass invented languages. Or dragons Dragons are silly. Yes I know why haven't I read a Song of Ice and Fire.
- I'm fully capable of reading a book for the prose and not the plot.
- Also: cats are cute.